This section contains information about threats to trout fishing in Wisconsin and other parts of the country.
- Fish Health Advisory: Disease in Wild Fish
- The Division of Animal Health warns that wild fish should not be used to stocked ponds .
Wis. Dept. of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, Division of Animal Health, August 2002
- Global Warming Threatens Cold-Water Fish
temperatures rise, salmon and trout are likely to disappear from streams across the United States -- unless global warming pollution is reduced.
Natural Resources Defense Council, May 21, 2002
- Study reveals more game fish species at risk from new parasite
studies show that some of Wisconsin's most popular game fish and a favorite bait fish are susceptible to infection with Heterosporis
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, March 26, 2002
- Heterosporis (Yellow Perch Parasite) in Wisconsin Fish
- While it has not been detected in Rainbow Trout yet, the heterosporis parasite represents a threat to Wisconsin trout fishing.
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, April 26, 2002